AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Accolades from recent years include:
- E.L. Haynes elementary school principal Michelle Molitor won The Washington Post's prestigious Distinguished Educational Leader Award as a Principal of Excellence (2012).
- E.L. Haynes is named as a Tier 1 School in the DC Public Charter School's Performance Management Framework (PMF) and is the city's highest performing charter school serving students pre-k through eighth grade (2011).
- The CityBridge Foundation awarded E.L. Haynes its first-ever Strong Schools Award for our unwavering focus on student achievement and our broader impact on public education (2011).
- News Literacy Project selected E.L. Haynes as its first DC partner school and journalist Gwen Ifill kicked off the project with a panel discussion with E.L. Haynes 8th grade students (2011).
- E.L. Haynes was the only DC charter school to be awarded with grants from all three Race to the Top competitive grant programs, totaling $4.7 million in support (2011).
- E.L. Haynes was awarded Silver-Gain status in New Leaders for New Schools' Effective Practice Incentive Community (EPIC) grant program on the basis of our student achievement gains (2008, 2009 and 2010).
- E.L. Haynes became the first charter school to receive Fight for Children's Quality Schools Initiative award (2008).