As part of our student wellness program, E.L. Haynes offers comprehensive wrap-around services to support our students.
- Social Skills and Positive Peer Interactions
- Organization and Study Skills
- Stress Management
- Mood Management
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Personal Safety
- Nutrition and Healthy Living
- Truancy Prevention
- Suicide Assessment
- Homeless Education Coordination
- Referrals to Community-Based Services
REFERRALS FOR SCHOOL-BASED SERVICES
Parents interested in their child receiving services may submit a completed Parent Referral form (English; Spanish) to Maria Boyer, Senior Director of Student Support Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the campus front office.
Students, ages 14 and older, may request services by submitting a completed Self-Referral form (English) to Maria Boyer, Senior Director of Student Support Services, at email@example.com or at the campus front office.
School-based services are provided by E.L. Haynes’ wellness staff free of charge. Those interested in services provided on-site by DC Core Service Agencies will need to provide insurance information, and may incur co-pays depending on coverage.
HOMELESS STUDENT SERVICES
Point of Contact: Adriana Salcedo, Director of Student Wellness (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act of 2001 requires all school districts to provide homeless children and youth, including unaccompanied youth, a free and appropriate education.
E.L. Haynes Wellness Team and other staff allies work with homeless students and families, shelters, and community organizations to ensure that students’ basic, educational rights are protected.
These rights include:
- Immediate enrollment in school
- Confidentiality regarding disclosure of homeless status
- Continuity of educational program at the school of origin or placement in a school that is in the best interest of the student
- Transportation assistance
- A challenging, rigorous education equal to that of their peers
Additional support from the Wellness Team includes the following:
- School supplies
- Winter coats
- School fee assistance
- Referrals to other city services
- Parent training
FOSTER CARE & EDUCATION
E.L. Haynes has points of contact who advocate for children in foster care within the school and ensure their special needs are met.
Point of Contact: Maria Boyer, Senior Director of Student Support Services at email@example.com